- All products are added to your cart.
The composition of the water of the East African rift lakes such as Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika is distinctly different from that in Central European tap waters. Carbonate hardness values that are higher than general hardness values and alkaline conditions with pH levels of 8.5 or more are characteristic. These kinds of waters are also found elsewhere in the world, e.g. in the Milili lakes on Sulawesi Island. Despite the commonalities, the water of Lake Malawi is distinctly different from Lake Tanganyika.
- Lake Malawi tends to have soft water with an electrical conductivity of approx. 240 µS/cm
- Lake Tanganyika has hard water with an electrical conductivity of approx. 650 µS/cm.
The targeted conditioning of water intended for fish from these lakes, the particularities of carbonate hardness and pH levels must be taken into account along with the differences between the two bodies of water.
JBL Aquadur Malawi/Tanganyika renders both tap water and osmosis water ideal for species appropriate keeping of East African cichlids (Cichlidae) and the associated fauna (killifish, catfish, invertebrates). In the process, the pH level is adjusted and buffered by an increase in the carbonate hardness in the required alkaline range. This encourages good health, natural colourfulness and the readiness to spawn. It also increases the hatching rate of sensitive species.
Dosage of JBL Aquadur Malawi/Tanganyika:
- Lake Malawi aquarium: 30 gram per 100 Liters of water are needed for targeted adjustment of water parameters of osmosis water.
- Lake Tanganyika aquarium: 79 gram per 100 Liters of water are needed for targeted adjustment of water parameters of osmosis water.